Investing In The Wonderful

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Create: Herringbone Canvas Painting

Hello Everyone!

While I was medicated from dental surgery, I couldn't really do much. I sat around, slept, and watched many hours of Modern Family and Parks & Recreation :) I decided to paint one day while watching TV and found this easy project on pinterest. I just used materials around my home and the end result was a fun painting for my guest room.

Here is the end result:

Materials:
Canvas 16x20
Acrylic Paint
Blue Painters Tape
Paint Brush
Ruler (if you want to set things perfectly)


Directions:
Start by brushing the paint in a linear pattern. I would paint one color at a time not in any specific pattern. There really was no rhyme or reason to it.



Now comes the part that I dreaded. (Make sure the canvas is dry before taping.) I measured painting tape to a certain length. I knew I would need quite a few pieces, so I would cut off 10 strips at a time. Most people probably would also use a ruler to lay out the design on the canvas. However, I did not. I did make a few mistakes with the herringbone painting, but I really didn't care at the moment:) I knew it would be difficult to notice after the painting was finished, so I kept trucking on.







Tape the entire canvas:)
Once the canvas is completely taped, make sure the tape is smoothed tightly onto the canvas so you don't have paint bleed through the edges. Paint the entire canvas with color of your choice. Note: The areas where there is blue tape, that will be the color showing through in the end.)

Let the paint completely dry. (Acrylic paint dries pretty quickly)

Pull off the tape, and viola! 


I really enjoy making and creating things! The invention of pinterest has fueled that fire as I'm sure it has for many others! 

I will finish this blog, with an intro of my family:) I love my husband and puppies so much! Daily, they bring me so much happiness and JOY. My husband is brilliant, amazing, supportive, and so fun! I am truly blessed. Barkley and Lexi are my babies. Lexi is smart and very protective of her family and Barkley is a cuddlebug and loves his toys! 

Love and Laughs,
Valerie Jo



No comments:

Post a Comment